The pandemic has changed how we travel these days. People are starting to book smarter! Instead of renting your average hotel or motel, people want something more authentic, more comfortable, and memorable. Here is where short-term rentals come in. Sites such as Airbnb and VRBO have experienced a massive inflow of people since 2020 because of what short-term rentals have to offer them. If you are thinking of renting a short-term rental, either for a well-deserved vacation, a break, or a business trip, here are a couple of amenities you should be looking for to make your experience unforgettable.
One of the most valuable traits in amenities is functionality. A small consumer survey done by Airbnb stated that travelers rate functionality first over thoughtfulness. So, amenities such as a fully equipped kitchen with appliances, a Keurig coffee maker, wine glasses, and utensils are what people are searching for when booking a short-term rental.
Before booking your suite online, make sure to take a good look at the photo gallery to ensure it has everything you want and need.
Here’s a small must-have list to help:
- Kitchen utilities (cutlery, dishware, measuring cups, cookware, ladles; and small appliances like a microwave, dishwasher, cookware, kettle, etc.)
- Laundry Amenities (In-suite washer and dryer)
- Towels, pillows, linen, toiletries, toilet paper, and storage.
- Cleaning supplies (dish soap, dishwasher tablets, mop, broom, dustpan, vacuum, etc.)
Every guest is different, and not everyone will have similar needs. These are some of the top-valued amenities searched for in short-term accommodations.
- Free WiFi – it’s so important to guests that it became mandatory information to mention in the criteria of any rental properties. Even though most people take vacations to disconnect, they still want internet access if emergencies occur, streaming, or are winding down at night.
- Air Conditioning/Heating – Many people choose comfort over connectivity, making air conditioning a must-have when booking a short-term rental. It is a good idea if you are thinking of renting during the hot summer.
- 24 Hour Check-in – If a short-term rental property limits check-in times to specific days, it can affect your vacation time as well as your overall stay. Check for keyless entry, an automated check-in system, or a lockbox for your next booking. It makes your arrival so much easier.
- Free Parking – whatever your travel situation may be, it would be to your benefit to search for a short-term rental that provides free parking.
- Pet-friendly Rentals – Over 58% of households in Canada own a pet, meaning the majority of Canadians may want to get away and bring their family pets along for the trip; if you are planning to do the same, look for a pet-friendly short-term rental.
- Outdoor Space – Balconies, a backyard, or a private deck. When booking your short-term rental accommodation, make sure that there is an outdoor area for you to use. Having an outdoor amenity does help guests relieve their stress, allow them to relax, and reconnect with nature again.
We hope this list of amenities has helped you for your next vacation.
Follow our Blog for more helpful tips and updates!
Vialux Hospitality Team