Planning where to stay is always on top of every traveler’s mind before packing their bags. The good news is that there are so many great choices available! The most common two options are staying in a short-term rental or a hotel. And while both offer their different amenities, many wonder what the better choice is.
The truth is, neither is better. It mostly depends on what type of traveling you are doing! A short survey done by Travel Pulse showed that 68% of business travelers prefer hotels, and 60% of leisurely travelers prefer Short-term rentals. We hope this list helps you decide the better choice for your travel situation.
- Short-term rentals offer guests more living space and privacy.
- Many more amenities are available; a fully equipped kitchen, household items, fully furnished spaces, high-speed internet, a washer/dryer, private pool, gym, or balcony.
- Experience a more personalized and flexible experience.
- Better for extended stays and better rates.
- Allows you to have the ability to be more self-sufficient.
- Not as costly. You can save a lot by skipping the restaurants every night and making something in the kitchen!
- The rates per night are relatively cheaper compared to a hotel room.
- Live like a local. You will get to know the community and area better by living right in the middle of it!
- Perfect when traveling with large families or large groups of friends.
- Enjoy all the comforts of home as you get more for your money.
- Great when traveling with pets. You can request a pet-friendly short-term rental suite.
- Locations around cities offer multiple hotel options.
- Hotels provide around-the-clock service. If there is a complaint, any concerns, or you want a meal delivered to your room, hotels will provide convenient customer service!
- Perfect for international travelers as they can check in and out any time. The reception is always open 24/7.
- Hotels have a concierge service that stores your bags while waiting to check-in.
- Staff and guards are around 24/7with security cameras plastered around every corner.
- No short notice cancelations. There will always be a room ready for you as long as you book it ahead of time.
- Do not worry about cleaning the place before leaving. Just grab your bags and head out!
A Quick Questionnaire:
- Would you like to live like the locals when traveling to a new area? Then a furnished short-term rental suite is definitely for you.
- Do you want to feel pampered and have 24/7 service? Then a hotel may be a better fit for you.
- Are you in town for a business trip? Then a furnished short-term rental is for you.
- Are you traveling on a tight budget? Then a furnished short-term rental suite is for you.
- Do you travel with a large group or family? A short-term rental is the best choice, a great way to save money, and gives you a spacious unit type of accommodation.
- Are you visiting the city for three days? A hotel is right for you.
- Do you want to bring your family pet along? Book a Short-term rental.
- Prefer convenience over everything else? A hotel is the best choice.
Both short-term rentals and hotels have their advantages and disadvantages. In the end, it comes down to personal preference and what type of trip you’re planning for. We hope this article has helped you decide where to stay the next time you travel.
Follow our Blog for more helpful tips and updates!
Vialux Hospitality Team